Necrotic Prolapse Cuora flavomarginata

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Pittsboro, NC
Unfortunately this turtle was shipped to me yesterday in this state, I'm going to pick it up in a few hours from fedex. I was not aware of the state nor prepared for this.

Any advice is appreciated.

I've successfully dealt with fresh prolapses before, but this appears to be possibly necrotic, which is outside my wheel house.

I do have access to medications thankfully, and im trying to find a veternarian that will do amputations but ive struck out so far.

284057977_993261871332311_1788469467102414894_n.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh man that is so not right. I hope whoever shipped it is reimbursing you for the purchase and shipping. I don't know how fast they can go neurotic but if shipped next day, I'm thinking not that fast.
I think amputation is the only answer for this one.
@Yvonne G would probably know if there is another way at this point.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Oh man that is so not right. I hope whoever shipped it is reimbursing you for the purchase and shipping. I don't know how fast they can go neurotic but if shipped next day, I'm thinking not that fast.
I think amputation is the only answer for this one.
@Yvonne G would probably know if there is another way at this point.
Waiting at FedEx now. No vet appointments available for over a week here. Will know more as soon as FedEx comes to the counter with the turtle.

I do have a fair bit of experience but not with something that appears this far along.

Falcon70

10 Year Member!
North Carolina

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Doesn't look as bad as the photos in person. I had to drop it off and get myself to a doctor, but will investigate more when I get home.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Wow. Poor little turtle. And poor you!!! Best of luck with this one.

MsBijou

5 Year Member
I would call the vet back and stress to them that this is an emergency. Sometimes the receptionists won’t hear the seriousness in a client’s voice so just makes appointments for the next slot available. Hoping that they will see your guy sooner.