Nag Tags Made Me Join but that's OK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
Hi Folks,

I've been viewing the board for around a month and started to get several irritating nag tags to join but that's OK because I needed to join anyway.

I am a horticulturalist from Oklahoma who has recently become very interested in tortoises and converted a greenhouse into a tortoise-house. Having turtles inside my greenhouse is nothing new because native turtles often find their way inside and take-up residency.

Recently my niece Melissa* obtained a Sulcata and then Russian Tortoise which sparked my interest in the Russian Tortoise. Now I have started a Russian Tortise breeding project and have devoted a greenhouse to the project. I am chronicling my Russian Tortoise Project at: http://Russian-Tortoise.com for anyone interested in my progress.

*My niece Melissa is a 12 year old turtle/tortoise fanatic who we have dubbed as the "Turtle Whisperer" and her website is: http://TurtleWhisperer.com

That's my introduction and thanks for your interest!

favicon.ico
Don

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Welcome Don. I loved your Russian Tortoise site. It was very interesting....can't wait to read more.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome, corrct me if I am wrong but won't a greenhouse block the sun? or is it a new type of greenhouse, the ones I remember from my great grandpa's nursery blocked the sun.

Don

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Yes, the greenhouse covering will block some of the UV light but not all. Even after passing through the covering the UV will still be stronger and higher quality than any artificial source. The greenhouse door is single pane of clear glass (often lowered) which produces an daily basking area of direct sun. I've have a box turtle that has lived in the greenhouse for 25 years and she is the perfect picture of a healthy turtle.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Don:

Welcome to the forum!! (thank goodness for those nag tags!!)

Don

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Hi Yvonne,

Your my favorite poster and I have learned much from your posts!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nay said:
What is a nag tag?
Oh and welcome!!

If you come onto the forum, but don't sign in, that means you're a "guest." There are usually some little boxes on the screen telling you that it would be a good idea to join our community. nag, nag, nag!

LadyGreek

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, California
Hey Don!

Welcome to the forum!!! I sent you all those Nag Tags......HAHA!!!:p
Just kidding, but glad you finally joined the team! :D

Nice sites.......btw!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.