My two bumpy redfoots

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhbgirl

5 Year Member
I estimate my two red foots to be around three or four years old, what do you think? I bought them at Petco about three years ago. When I bought them their eyes were really watery and they were very dry. They were fed some kind of fruit and vegetable mix and they always seemed to be fed the same thing every day. I know this because I had gone to Petco several times before buying them. I keep their temps in the 70s with a basking spot in the 90s. I have recently started feeding them every other day instead of every day because one of my tortoises was picky and would only eat fruit or protein while the other would eat EVERYTHING. I mix greens into every meal so that they cant be picky. Here is their feeding schedule.

Monday-greens with fruit
Tues-nothing
Wed-greens with protein. Pinch of calcium with vitamin d3 and pure calcium carbonate
Thurs-bath and exercise
Fri-greens with vegetable
Sat-nothing
Sun-greens with fruit, bath and exercise

I also always have cuttlebone in the enclosure. Here are some pics of my torts and their enclosure. I have a humidifier in the room and spray the enclosure daily. Do you guys have any tips on anything I should do different?

image-1722729502.png

image-2132888403.png

image-3997948405.png

image-1166300878.png

image-107377607.png

image-1409798916.png

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
I love your torts and how you put two zoo med enclosures together.
They have it made in the shade!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
They are cuties...I have a couple lumpys here that I adopted from a prior member, just makes it easier to handle them..not so slippery...lol...

May I ask what you are using for substrate? What is your humidity at?

mhbgirl

5 Year Member
ascott said:
They are cuties...I have a couple lumpys here that I adopted from a prior member, just makes it easier to handle them..not so slippery...lol...

May I ask what you are using for substrate? What is your humidity at?

I use cypress mulch, Timothy hay in one hide, and sphagnum moss in another hide. They love the hay hide. I keep my humidity around 85 percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.