My Twin R.Foots often lay eggs at same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazoa

5 Year Member
This is wild and you have to wonder is there more then coincidence going on here. I traded some Boa Constrictors for these two females back in 1995 at the Daytona Expo. When they reached 9 years old they started laying infertile eggs the first season. Did not catch them laying at the same time until the next season and then I've seen it probably half a dozen more times.

Here is a couple of pics to show you the two doing their laying thing simultaneouly. Neat Stuff --Richard

Attachments

• doubleplay2.jpg
    doubleplay2.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 360doubleplay-med.jpg
    360doubleplay-med.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 65

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
That is very interesting !
Great pictures and nice looking torts!

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Its actually less coincidence and more science and instinct then you think. Scientific study supports the fact that tortoises seem to lay egg based on the moon phases. My females very commonly lay the same night also, or one tortoise one night and the other the next.

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
I agree, i had six different females lay this weekend.

Cool thread though.

RedfootsRule said:
Its actually less coincidence and more science and instinct then you think. Scientific study supports the fact that tortoises seem to lay egg based on the moon phases. My females very commonly lay the same night also, or one tortoise one night and the other the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.