My torts

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Youngstown, Ohio
I guess I will have to just keep throwing seeds in! I am expanding it this year and it will have a lot more for them to eat. No more cutting grass, I have automatic mowers :)

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
I started my shed for the sulcatas this weekend. It is one of the stearalite plastic sheds. I will be using silcone for all the seems,then putting 2X4 s o the inside walls. Insulation will go between the wood. This will be done to the walls and top. The doors, well I have to figure out what to use on them yet but, one door will be cut in half so I can open the bottom half for the torts,then it can be closed at night. Plywood goes over all the insulation and seal the coners again. The floor will have sheet insulation on it covered with plywood. I think this will work.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I started my shed for the sulcatas this weekend. It is one of the stearalite plastic sheds. I will be using silcone for all the seems,then putting 2X4 s o the inside walls. Insulation will go between the wood. This will be done to the walls and top. The doors, well I have to figure out what to use on them yet but, one door will be cut in half so I can open the bottom half for the torts,then it can be closed at night. Plywood goes over all the insulation and seal the coners again. The floor will have sheet insulation on it covered with plywood. I think this will work.
Sounds good.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Been thinking of the same thing when Opo gets bigger. Be interesting how it works out for you.