My tortoise is not friendly

Titan davis

Hello there. I have had my Russian tortoise Henry for almost 2 years which isn't very long but I try to get him to warm up to people but it's just not working. He's not very active either. Is this just the way he is or is there a way to help this guy?

juli11

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Europe
Why need your tortoises help? Tortoises are wild animals so they don't need a guy who loves them.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Hello there. I have had my Russian tortoise Henry for almost 2 years which isn't very long but I try to get him to warm up to people but it's just not working. He's not very active either. Is this just the way he is or is there a way to help this guy?
Welcome. The thing with tortoises is they are a reptile. Reptiles in general really do not posses the thought process or desire to attach or display a relation of learned behavior with humans or other animals. Tortoises have one main goal in life. Survival. In sub latters of this survival they are programmed or hard wired to survive, this includes, eating, procreating, and surviving(staying alive). They are creatures of habit so can recognize you and associate that with the "food bringer" but that is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Oh haha no sorry that's my friends baby sulcata. I put on the wrong picture.
It's ok, I was gonna say that's a Sulcata. Good deal. No need to change it. You can choose whatever picture you want(as long as it's acceptable and g rated)