My tortoise eye problem

rakuthetortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Jakarta
So, this pas few weeks I've been noticing that my tortoise is kinda different. It often to "scratch" it's eyes or sometimes it took a few minutes to open it's eye. I've reading on some articles and I think it's third eyelid is showing. Can any of you tell how to cure it?IMG-20200322-WA0002.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Go to the pharmacy and buy a squirt bottle of saline solution from the contact lens department. Squirt the solution over the eye to help dislodge any debris that may be on the eyeball. Look online for Veterycin Eye Gel. and dab it on his eye several times a day.

rakuthetortoise

Jakarta
Go to the pharmacy and buy a squirt bottle of saline solution from the contact lens department. Squirt the solution over the eye to help dislodge any debris that may be on the eyeball. Look online for Veterycin Eye Gel. and dab it on his eye several times a day.
Thankyou for the information. I'll try to buy it and use it to my tortoise eyes

rakuthetortoise

Jakarta
Hello, I'm sorry but I can't find the veterycin eye gel. But, instead I found the veterycin eye wash, is it the same? Can I use that?