My tortoise cashew

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntyson2

5 Year Member
He's about 6 months and this is his temporary housing so you know I'm building his real enclosures tonight and tomorrow one inside and one outside the outside will be about 8x8 and the inside with be 4x2 for night time and cold days. Let me know what you think

Attachments

• image-2370736536.png
    image-2370736536.png
    821.9 KB · Views: 83
  • image-364298328.png
    image-364298328.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • image-2182887855.png
    image-2182887855.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 80

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manchester, UK
I notice you've placed a leopard on a sulcata, you should never mix species as they can contaminate each other with diseases - sometimes they can take months or years to occur.

Whats are your humidity levels and temps? Hot end, cool end, night and basking? If your using high humidity (to prevent pyramiding) I dont think you should be using hay in your enclosure (it is hay, right?) as it can mould and produce spores into the air which can cause respiratory problems. What substrate are you using?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Hello cashew!

I like your "keeping the theme" with names. Cashew, pistachio and a future peanut ;)

This is a fun (and addicting) place to be. Lots to read, lots of pictures to ooh and ahh over and some great information.

If you have questions, ask away!!

And welcome to the club :cool:

ntyson2

5 Year Member
I have a hot end and a cool end cool end in the 70s hot end in the 90s . He has a humid area with cypress mulch that I spray to keep it humid and the cool end has hay with a sand/dirt/ clay type substrate for digging underneath , he buries in the hay at night usually but stays at the hot area during the day. I'm building his permanent enclosure this weekend which will be that same setup just bigger in a 4 foot by 2 feet space. I also have a UVB bulb and a night basking bulb. I just let him have a play date with the tortoise but won't be putting them together at all especially not for a while in case. They are separated.

ntyson2

5 Year Member
Thank you team gomberg I appreciate the positive enthusiasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.