My Sulcata Plastron Is Soft And I'm Scared

Gerhald Kuswandi

Location (City and/or State)
Bengkulu City,Bengkulu,Indonesia
First of all my english isn't that good so I hope you understand the problem I'm having here with my Sulcata;)

So recently I just got a baby sulcata that size 5cm or 2 Inch and I've been keeping him for almost 2 months and he is around 2 or 3 weeks old and when he first arrived here. I often expose him to sunlight every morning while soaking him with warm water for 15 minutes,maintain his cage temperature with UVA spot light and gave him proper food. But the problem is he always rejected every food that I mixed with cuttlebone powder,he also reject to eat tortoise pellet and I'm pretty worried since he doesn't want to consume any calcium. And I just checked that his plastron is pretty soft when I press it gently. I don't know if it's MBD or not since he is still pretty active and have high appetite. I'm sorry I can't attach the video here since this forum doesn't have that feature but I can give you my Instagram if you want to see the video though, Thank you!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
The plastron is supposed to be soft in babies. It should feel pliable like a plastic lid. It should not feel squishy like a sponge.

Spot bulbs will cause pyramiding.

Here is the current and correct care info: