My RF enclosure

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
This is Logan Cummings. I am a new RF keeper, long time Sulcata keeper...

100_2921.JPG
I love posting pictures of my animals, but I end up hijacking someone else's thread, with my stuff... So I thought posting on a thread about my stuff might be ok. I may add to it, and I may not. lol
I had wanted a RF after I had been given a RF named Houdini. He had to go to a better home, so I had been wanting another for quite a while...this is Logan Cummings...2.5 years old and 6.5" scl.DSCN1709.JPG empty food dish and such a look. Too bad I didn't get a close up...here is the start of my enclosure...the frame of the thing.

DSCN0958.JPG
I use a che at one end, a black light bulb in the middle and this heat panel at the other end...DSCN1094.JPGhere are 2 hides
DSCN1171.JPG

DSCN1092.JPG
the heat and humidity are set and they stay a constant 85 degrees and 80% humidity. look at the humidity hereDSCN1241.JPG
I use a paint roller pan for soaking. I am trying to use the pink noodle to soak the liquid humidity before it leaks all over...DSCN1708.JPG
The whole thing is directly across from the window, so I rarely use the light bulb. Logan doesn't bask like the Sulcata do. Next Spring he will spend his days in an outside enclosure, and nites in the house. He is a real easy keeper and will eat anything. It feels wrong to feed fruit, or mushrooms or melons, boiled eggs...I even caught one of the rosy minnows used to feed the water turtle and I dropped it right in front of Logan who had a party trying to eat the flopping fish. He never did get it so I put it back in the water to be eaten by a Midland Painted...
both of my senior cats died this yearDSCN1034.JPG
DSCN1045.JPG

to be continued

Attachments

• DSCN0957.JPG
    DSCN0957.JPG
    442.9 KB · Views: 1

SuzanneZ

Georgetown
My phone is being a ... so photos today won't load. I'll bet he's nice and all your work is perfect. 🙂

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Love the use of the noodles. Not only to soak up the drips, but looks like they fill in the extra space between the greenhouse and the enclosure. Love thinking out of the box ideas.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Really nice! Out of curiosity - I don't see UVB lamp here, does Logan take walks under the sun?

And I really didn't expect that there is so much condensate with green house tops...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Really nice! Out of curiosity - I don't see UVB lamp here, does Logan take walks under the sun?

And I really didn't expect that there is so much condensate with green house tops...
I don't use a mvb. Logan and all the other boxies are put out in the pond area every day providing the weather is nice...I use a 65 watt incandescent bulb when needed