My Reeve's and his home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
I have been meaning to post pics of this guy for some time - unfortunately I misplaced my camera cord (again!!!) and all I have to share are some cell phone pics, so bear with me!!!

First, the story -

When I was in 4th grade (I started school at 4, so I was very young then, only 8 yrs old, I graduated at 16) we went on a field trip to Van Andel Museum in Grand Rapids, MI. Of course, my FAVORITE part of any museum is the natural history section :D Anyway, afterward we were able to visit the gift shop, and I found this little figurine of a Reeve's turtle. I completely fell in love with it, and bought it. I have wanted a Reeve's turtle then literally since I was 8 years old :)

Couple of months ago I found this bugger on CL, living in a ten gallon filthy tank with a painted turtle. Needless to say, I happily paid the $20 adoption fee, rehomed the wild caught painted to a friend's pond, and then drove 2 1/2 hours to buy a 40 gallon breeder for my new Reeve's turtle. I bought some cork bark from a taxidermy supply online, had some glass cut and siliconed it into place to create a land area, and this is the result.

Definitely full of personality!

2.jpg

His tank (darn that glare on the left!!!)

3.jpg

Right side of the tank, with a waterfall on the far right.

5.jpg

Left side (still with the stupid glare >.<)

4.jpg

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Kristina you've created such a natural habitat. It's absolutely beautiful. I've always loved the little Reeve's too.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Thanks guys, especially Terry ;) I have to say I always appreciate your compliments, you have been a big inspiration to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.