My Pair- When should I get another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
I know you should never have a tortoise in a pair. One or Three or more is my rule. I did have a leopard go missing a couple days back and I was wondering how long should my two leopards be good with just the two of them? I still havent given up but I have to face the fact that Agape may never come back (SO SAD!!!). What is your suggestion TFO?

-Drew

btw, Ill be getting one not only out of necessity but because i want to..

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I don't know if it's a rule not to have torts in pairs. I have two sulcatas and I find them to be great with each other. Now, in time, if they turn out to be two males, I would have to separate them. But, if they are two females and they've been with each other since birth, I don't see why I would need to separate them or get a third. Maybe I'm missing something, but I think you'll be ok with two. I sure hope you find Agape.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It's hard to say, but the two should be fine together as long as you don't observe any aggression between them. Tortoise behavior differs so much, it's hard to say if one of a pair or a group will become dominant over the other(s).

I don't know the story of your third one, but if you had one go missing I would focus on trying to determine how he went missing and make sure that it doesn't happen again before you get another one.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I had a pair for a year or so until I got another rescue. I had no problems at all with either a pair or the three I have together now. Just watch for any bullying, but I'm betting they get along great.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
The two will probably be fine together, but keep a close eye on them and if they're not then thats when I would decide to get a new one or ones for sure. If you want to get one because you want to get one then go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.