My new tortoise!

Hevkemp20

Location (City and/or State)
Kent
Hi there, unfortunately you can see the photos, I’ve just posted for the first time too and had the same problem. I had to attach them to a reply to myself.

daisybs

nottingham
Hi there, unfortunately you can see the photos, I’ve just posted for the first time too and had the same problem. I had to attach them to a reply to myself.

ok then, thanks. I will attach them in a reply

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Check your substrate, it looks like the popular brand that has white bits in there....and, unfortunately torts go around and eat these little bits = bad, causes impaction. So....best to change out soonest.

Also, sink your water and food dishes down into the substrste so tort doesnt have to crawl up into/on the food. Their shells arent meant to flex easily to do that, also increases chances of tipping over.

Good luck

daisybs

nottingham
Check your substrate, it looks like the popular brand that has white bits in there....and, unfortunately torts go around and eat these little bits = bad, causes impaction. So....best to change out soonest.

Also, sink your water and food dishes down into the substrste so tort doesnt have to crawl up into/on the food. Their shells arent meant to flex easily to do that, also increases chances of tipping over.

Good luck

Thank you so much, yes I will definitely be trying to find a new substrate for him as soon as possible and I will certainly try to sink the dishes down more. Thanks for your help