My new Russians, Homes Hingeback, and my little stinkpot, too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Here are some pics of the new kids!

Here is the little Homes - I don't have many pics of her, she is still REALLY shy and I don't want to stress her too bad with the camera. This was right after I took her out of the box and put her in a post-shipping soak. She is in a two gallon bucket, so you can see how little she is. So cute.

kris410.jpg

For the heck of it, here are my adults enjoying some stuffed portabella mushrooms. Yum!!!

KristinaspicturesDONOTDELETE19132.jpg

Here are the Russian babies, first in their post-shipping bath, and then in their temporary tub-home. There is a fenced in pen just waiting for them outside.

kris408.jpg

kris474.jpg

Sleeping all in a pile

kris480.jpg

And I also got a new little turtle, a Stinkpot, or Common Musk.

His tank, 54 gallon corner

kris429.jpg

kris442.jpg

kris443.jpg

I have now fulfilled my burden of providing photos, lol.

Kristina

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan

I forgot to mention the names... The Stinkpot and the Hingie don't have names yet, but the little Russians are Vanya (male,) Darya, Nurai, and Sveta.

Kristina

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
"Burden?!" Certainly not!

How could showing off such charming little animals be a "burden?" ;)

Hingebacks have such cool "shoulder-pad" scutes! I've never seen a picture of one of those, or at least not at that angle. And your tort-pile of Russians look so comfortable together. :p

You must be a happy camper now. :D

-ryan-

5 Year Member
Such little russians! Can't wait to see pics when they grow! Don't expect the male to grow much but the females have a lot of growing potential.

Also, awesome stinkpot enclosure.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
HAHA, thanks :) I'll put up more pics, I swear, especially after they go outside for the summer.

Those mushrooms had zucchini, butternut squash, banana, plantain, and a couple shrimp if I remember correctly. I was having a hard time finding worms for them to eat, so I was feeding them small amounts of shrimp and lean fish for protein. It kind of makes sense, to feed them a little fish, being semi-aquatic almost it stands to reason that they would occasionally find a little fish carrion to nibble on.

I love my Hingebacks, in fact, I may be getting two more females.... :D They are such cute personalities, once they acclimate to captivity. I am really hoping to have my first hatchlings this fall.

Kristina

-ryan- said:
Also, awesome stinkpot enclosure.

Thanks :) Aquatics are another passion of mine. No fake plants in THIS house, lol!!

Here are a couple of my other tanks

54 gallon corner US southeast coast native brackishwater (Sailfin mollies, Sheepshead minnows and Violet gobies)

Picture098.jpg

100 gallon goldfish tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUVu6uEdlTc

Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.