My new rescue!

Jlant85

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
So I ran into this craiglist add and i felt that I needed to message this person. She had an male Ibera for sale. He is about 9+ years old and she had to move away. When I finally got to talk to her and meet up, I was having second thoughts because I wanted a pair of Russian for the same price. I decided to meet with her anyways. Her enclosure didn't have proper lighting. Judging from the looks of it, she didn't have a UVB/UVA bulb. Just had a heat emitter. She used the wrong substrate and he had slight pyramiding. Some of food choices was fruits! Well sounds like it was a lot of fruits. She was shocked when I told her that I don't feed mine fruits what so ever (aside from prickly pear). He looked dehydrated but he was a very frisky little guy. Had signs of shell rot but it already healed on its own. When pointed this all the things that was wrong, she was really shocked. She was miss informed by the pet shop from what she told me. I showed her all my set ups (indoor and outdoor enclosures) and she looked happy! She decided to give him to me for free! I too was shocked! Well here he is! ImageUploadedByTortForum1384552625.610408.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1384552638.595112.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1384552660.932607.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1384552671.949526.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1384552696.681812.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeh

5 Year Member
He has a good size to him. Congrats!

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Not a hermann. He is defiantly in the greek family. He has spurs on back of his legs and he doesn't have the pointed pin tail. From my judgement, he is an Testudo Graeca Ibera.

Leopard Tortoise Lover 16199 said:
Beautiful male Hermann's!

Red_tomato

5 Year Member
Congrats!! Now you have extra money for the Russians.
Good looking fella!

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Red_tomato said:
Good looking fella!

I thought of that, but i think im going to spend the money on his vet visits and building a bigger enclosure. Also plan on expanding my outdoor so ill put all that money in that =)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Jlant85 said:
Red_tomato said:
Good looking fella!

I thought of that, but i think im going to spend the money on his vet visits and building a bigger enclosure. Also plan on expanding my outdoor so ill put all that money in that =)

Sounds like your a very smart and deicated tortoise caretaker to choose improvements over more. I am very impressed.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Jacqui said:
Jlant85 said:
Red_tomato said:
Good looking fella!

Sounds like your a very smart and deicated tortoise caretaker to choose improvements over more. I am very impressed.

Thanks! I just want what is best for my pets. They are family ^_-

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Very cool!
Nice save! It was very kind of his former owner to just give him to you!
He will have a great home.
I also love my Greek!