My New Hatchling Franklin!

Bethany16

Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia
Hey guys! So i just got a new leopard tortoise less than a week ago. I have a regular lamp on during the day and a UVB on at all times. I have the separate areas of substrate, i have one third sand, one third mulch, and one third sphagnum moss that i keep moist. On one side i have a cave like hide and on the other i have a big leafy fake plant set up to provide shade as well. I keep his food on a smooth rock and a terracotta water dish thing. Im posting bc Franklin has been sleeping all the time and eating a very small amount and im just a but worried. Is this normal?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:)get rid of the sand, it can cause impaction. The uvb should not be on at night. The temp should be no lower then 80 with humidity at 80% and a basking spot of 95+. Soak in warm water every day for 20-30 minutes. Read Toms threads below for all the correct info. The sulcata threads will also apply to your leopard.

Bethany16

Philadelphia
Hello and Welcome:)get rid of the sand, it can cause impaction. The uvb should not be on at night. The temp should be no lower then 80 with humidity at 80% and a basking spot of 95+. Soak in warm water every day for 20-30 minutes. Read Toms threads below for all the correct info. The sulcata threads will also apply to your leopard.
Thank you !

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So tiny and cute. It will be at least two years, probably more before you will know the sex. A lot of males do seem to show them selfs around two.