My new goal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
is to have THREE out of FOUR Red-foots eat on the same day! ROFL! Today I had TWO eat - Makidach (who generally eats well now every day) and Shuto (YAY!) this was the first she ate!!! It's protein day and she ate up the cat food!!!

Sasoi didn't eat today, BUT she ate three out of the last four days, so I can't complain! Yesterday she DEVOURED the squash that came with my Reptileeats shipment! YAY!

Another thing I'm doing today is that I'm setting up a tree tote for Shuto (the bigger of the two new girls). Even though it will be more work for me, I think it will be better to have the two new girls each in their own enclosure. First off, this means I can better monitor who is eating what. Secondly, the thing they're in doesn't have room for two hides, and they don't both fit in the one that's in there, so this way that isn't an issue. Lastly, Ashi (the littler one) is still "squeaking" when she breathes, so even though they have been together so long and Shuto has been exposed to all the same things as Ashi, if they are seperated then if Ashi gets worse, I don't have to worry about it affecting Shuto.

So that's my day... and my rambling for now! LOL! Wish me luck!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
YAY HOO! Three of them CHOWED today!!! Shuto even came out to her food on her own!!! Sasoi is the only one who took one sniff of the food and headed for the hills, but the other three devoured their mashed peaches and strawberries!

Also I got Shuto set up in her own enclosure last night, and wow she's an active one... constantly going in and out of the hide box, and checking things out. I hope she stays this way!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
YAY! congrats Kelly, keep up the good work!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Two days in a row with all four eating at least a couple of bites of food! (In fact yesterday EVERYONE chowed down almost everything I gave them... it was I think zucchini and sweet potato (??) from Reptileeats. I chopped it up really fine for them, and they LOVED it, although Makidach - who is the best eater, picked out all the zucchini and didn't touch the sweet potato! ROFL!

And I haven't heard any wheezing from Ashi in over two days!!!!

AND Shuto came out to her food on her own again today, AND (AND AND AND) Makidach STAYED out after eating for about 30 minutes!

Progress EVERY day! I'm so thrilled!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Okay I've been having all four eat every day, with Ashi out waiting for her meal by the time I get to her, and Shuto coming out on her own to eat (whenever she feels like it, not necessarily when I put the food down).

But the biggest excitement... Sasoi came out to eat ON HER OWN today! *THUD*!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Thats great Kelly, Im sure your relieved. ;)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
"Kelly, Kelly", *Faning you and Helping you off the floor*. Thats great, congrats but with a mom like you how can they resist.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
LOL Thanks! It was so cute, the last few days Sasoi would peek out of her hide when I'd mist it and put her food down, and I'd wait but she wouldn't budge so I'd finally put her at the food. But today it was like, "Look at me, I'm doing it myself!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.