Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
incubator 8-16-14 a.jpg incubator 8-16-14 b.jpg incubator 8-16-14 c.jpg

The box turtle eggs were given to me by someone who accidentally dug them up while working in the garden. I don't know what kind they are, but they are pretty colorful. I'll check out their back feet later today. If anyone is interested in buying box turtle babies be sure to let me know because my tortoise partner, Will, is coming to town this week-end and he will take all the babies home with him to sell. If no one wants box turtle babies, I'll keep them here and raise them myself. The leopards are babcock.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
WOOOO Holly Molly ...... ya have a whole football team! .... Nice pics ...and congrads on all the new youngsters. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nah...I'll leave them in the incubator for a couple days, and after that Will will be responsible for their care. I won't even have to set up a habitat for them (unless I keep the box turtles...and I really love setting up and planting new baby habitats).

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Amazing, Yvonne! They're so beautiful! Congrats!

May, Aussies, & THBs
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Awwww. There are so many! Let us know if you find out what they are (type of boxturtle I mean)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm sure glade they aren't sulcatas! Haha Love me some baby box turtles . We have three toed boxes here in Texas that are wild . We would see like ten or twelve a year but we are lucky to see three or four .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
One day I hope to wake up to some new hatchlings. I don't want that many though.:D If you keep,the Boxies, you have to keep us post on their growth, habitat and pics of course.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
So, I went to Meijer tonight and bought some Oscar Mayer Ham Deli Fresh in hopes to find some hatchlings. Sandwich was good, no turtles to be found:( lol! Very cool!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So, I went to Meijer tonight and bought some Oscar Mayer Ham Deli Fresh in hopes to find some hatchlings. Sandwich was good, no turtles to be found:( lol! Very cool!

LOL! This one had me sitting here chuckling out loud! Misty (doberman) was looking askance at me.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Awesome !!!!!

Leopard are very pretty.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
LOL! This one had me sitting here chuckling out loud! Misty (doberman) was looking askance at me.
Tell you what Yvonne, you send me one of those hatchlings to Ohio and I will send you THE very best Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh sandwich you ever had....deal?:) lol!

turtlemanfla88

Congrats on the babies . I am just guessing ,but whoever found the box turtle eggs. I assume it was in CA so it would have to be an ornate box or a desert box unless it was an escapee mamma.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The elderly couple that found the box turtle eggs used to have quite a few box turtles in their back yard. But the yard is way overgrown and they haven't seen many box turtles in recent times. They don't know what kind of box turtles they have. Judging from all the spots on the babies, I'd venture to say they're probably easterns. Box turtles aren't native to California. These eggs are from turtles that had been bought or adopted a long time ago.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Of course you get baby boxies right after I bought 5! I'm in love with the bottom one.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! Five new babies. Be sure to keep us in the loop with pictures. I love baby box turtles.