My hatchling hasn't pooped

shelbica

I got Rex last week on Tuesday. He's about two inches long and weighs 25 grams. When I got him he weighed 11 grams, but the following day he weighed 22 grams so I figured that was just because he was dehydrated from the long ride before I got him. So far I have fed him clover, dandelion, kale, and a spring mix of romaine lettuce. I soak him every morning for 20 minutes and he has a water dish that he gets in and out of throughout the day. So far I haven't found any poop. He was still eating up until yesterday. Now he's only eating a little bit. I didn't worry until today because his weight has been pretty constant for the past six days so I assumed the food he ate had to be going somewhere, but now I'm worried. He's also less active than he was at first.
His basking area stays between 90 and 100 degrees. The cooler area is usually around 70 degrees but it can dip down into the 60s at night. I think he might be getting too cold, so I've raised the temperature in the house and I'm going to get him a night time heat bulb this weekend.

Is there anything else that I can do that might makes things move easier for him?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
if he is gaining weight and eating..... he is pooping. I would almost bet he is eating his poop too! ...this is a "NATURAL" habit of these creatures. Although I don't recommend leaving feces in your tank. You set-up care sounds right on track although I would bump your temps up ...hopefully one of the more experienced Hermans advisors will peep in~
JD~:shy: