My baby sully doesn't eat mazuri diet :(

NgocLan19

Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA
Hello everybody !
He is about 5 months. I usually feed him natural grass in my garden. But now the natural grass is die.
So i buy the timothy hay with soaking and chopped. But he didn't eat them.
Then I buy the mazuri LS diet, Soak and feed, but he also doesnt eat it. What should i do know?
Show me some ways for him. Thank you so much !

Zeko

5 Year Member
What kind of UV light?

You should upload pictures of your tortoise, habitat and of your lights.

I know the new Mazari is hit or miss with some tortoises. The old kind works much better. However, you can try to wrap some leafy greens around your Mazari and see if you can trick it to try some. Once they try it, usually they will continue to eat it.

Hope it helps!

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Its pretty common for the young nes to avoid hay. They will eat as they get older. You might need to add some grocery store greens to your mix to keep a good variety until you can grow some grasses.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
Sometimes my little ones (mostly sulcatas) dont eat Mazuri right away... takes them awhile to get used to it. What I do, in a bowl, is cut up grass, clover, romaine (or whatever greens/weeds they really like) soak a little Mazuri in a separate bowl, squish it and make it into a mash, then add into the chopped greens, mix well and serve:)
jeez...I often say my torts eat better than I do haha.
I spend more time making them salads cutting veggies and serving rare expensive fruits and I never get to eat this good stuff!!! People think "I must get to eat salad whenever I want"...HA, yeah right!!;p