My baby is getting so big

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So happy for you.
However, couple things. That water dish needs to go. Dangerous drowning hazard and he can't fit his while body in it.
Get a clay saucer one large enough he can fit in and put it level with the substrate.
Second, he needs a minimum of a 4x8 foot enclosure, incase he doesn't.
Third, I think he loves his one rock. He looks like he's trying to mate it. That's okay though.
He's a looker and I like his color.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
So happy for you.
However, couple things. That water dish needs to go. Dangerous drowning hazard and he can't fit his while body in it.
Get a clay saucer one large enough he can fit in and put it level with the substrate.
Second, he needs a minimum of a 4x8 foot enclosure, incase he doesn't.
Third, I think he loves his one rock. He looks like he's trying to mate it. That's okay though.
He's a looker and I like his color.
Most of what you see is from his old enclosure before I was able to build his new enclosure. He goes outside for a few hours during the week and winter time he hangs out in his regular indoor enclosure. Which he really does love. We take him down the shore sometimes and he really does enjoy his actually home back at home.
And HAHA he definitely is an observer! He loves to watch everything that goes on in the room. He knows everything that goes on. He takes really awesome posing pictures as to what you are seeing in that one rock photo.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes! My guy hibernates in the winter like right now. But he is also active during the day before he falls into his deep sleep.
If he were hibernating he would not be up. It has to be cold the whole time so they stay inactive and metabolism slows.
They also have to prepare for it by not eating for a few weeks before they go into their hibernation. If they don't empty their gut they likely will die as the food left in their gut rots and can kill them.
Unless yours hibernates later in the winter months, like late February or early March. He is not in hibernation getting up and being active daily.