Mudskippers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Mudskippers-does anyone currently have them or know a source for them? Many years ago I had a 40 gallon low/long tank set up with 4 Mudskippers in them and really enjoyed them. I saw some recently at a local indoor nature center which has sort of rekindled my interest in them! I know that there several species of them world wide, no idea what mine were.
For anyone that doesn't know what they are these are a couple of photos from the web:
mudskipper.jpg

mudskipper2-lasak190507.jpg

t_mclellan

10 Year Member!
Gilchrist Co., Florida
I don't know the man my self, But I have friends that say he's the man for odd ball / off the wall / hard to get / truely strange & fun critters!
Ya think I can get a discount after a plug like that?

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Wouldn't you think? (get a discount for the plug)!

I'm going to look into what he has once we get some spring weather here and can get the tortoises all up and running. It will give me more time for yet another venture, like I need to.

Thanks again!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I used to have some of those in the pet store where I worked years ago. They were great fun and surprisingly personable for a fish.

I don't have a source for them anymore, but I definitely see why you like them.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
When you get them,let us know how they are doing.I used to keep skippers and they are enjoyable.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Frank does have some nice little Indian 'Skippers. Once I get my 110 gal Native brackish tank up and going, my old brackish tank is going to be Skipper haven, methinks ;)

Kristina

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
I loved the Mudskippers way back when I had them. At the time they were more common in pet shops.
I really would love to find some European Slow Worms again (Anguis fragilis. They are small species of legless lizard found throughout much of western Europe but cannot be imported. I had a group of 6 of them about 20 years ago. The last one died in 2007. Can't get them anymore from I've seen and been told, yet they're very common in their native habitat. Really cool, easily handled (never bite), livebearers and love earthworms!

As a kid I also had a pet racoon and a pet bat. Neither of which make very good pets! But when you're a kid growing up where I did you catch everything and bring it home!

Status
Not open for further replies.