Mudbath!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
For those of you NOT following the Sulcata Hatchling Pyramiding Experiment, I thought I'd post this for all of you, as well.;)

Snowflake and Eggroll enjoying an early-afternoon mudbath...Eggroll's carapace is covered as a result of early pyramiding...just trying to nip it in the bud.

vpvlug.jpg

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
What a nice relaxing day at the spa ;)
Cute torts!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
" NIce Looking LIL' Ivorys you have there" ...
JD~:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Something to consider when applying mud to your tortoise's carapace..."ladies" apply mud to their faces to pull out all the impurities in the skin. Mud has a very drying effect, and you may end up with just the opposite effect than the one you are looking for.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
emysemys said:
Something to consider when applying mud to your tortoise's carapace..."ladies" apply mud to their faces to pull out all the impurities in the skin. Mud has a very drying effect, and you may end up with just the opposite effect than the one you are looking for.

Excellent point! However, when I apply the mud I am still misting as well and the mud is not allowed to dry...AT ALL! I'm very diligent about this...I'll do it through the summer and see what the results are.

Status
Not open for further replies.