Mud butt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Inglewood, CA
Okay so my possibly 5 month sulcatta keeps having like mud butt ( do you guys need pics). On her tail I notice like her tail/butt has dark kinda like mucous discharge. I rinse her off when I notice and it's been like everyother day. What is it and should I be alarmed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes. Their poop should be firm little black (or dark brown) mouse poop-like poops (for a baby sulcata).

What is the tortoise's diet?

Jedi

5 Year Member
Inglewood, CA
Jedi said:
Okay so my possibly 5 month sulcatta keeps having like mud butt ( do you guys need pics). On her tail I notice like her tail/butt has dark kinda like mucous discharge. I rinse her off when I notice and it's been like everyother day. What is it and should I be alarmed.

I give her Romaine lettuce but she eats a little bit and that's been for two weeks with on and off grape leaves and hibiscus leaves. She is outside in the grass most of the day so I also assume she eats grass. I soak her every night.

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
My 4 month old sulcata is in a pen with grass and flowers and weeds, but I have yet to see him eat any. Have you tried the mazuri tortoise food along with spring mix. It has darker greens with more nutrients. Romaine is good, but they need variety, not the same thing all of the time. You can also get green or red leaf, collard greens, turnip greens.

I would try to add more variety to the diet

Jedi

5 Year Member
Inglewood, CA
Since my last post I have had no problems with mud butt and also two days later I found a uriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.