5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seatac, Washington
4/28/2010 About a month after i received her
1.jpg

9/24/2010 Today
2.jpg

3.jpg

She was born roughly 6 months ago. She has quite a bit of marbling for her age. I have noticed some pyrimiding, i do try to keep her humidity relatively high without risking respatory problems. And she gets calcium everyday.

Kemperly_Williams

5 Year Member
she is so super cute! I wish I could help but I am such a newbie, I squeak when you rub against me! I just bought my first tortie yesterday. A young redfoot. And I just noticed she has lil white long specks of bugs on her. Do you know what those are and how to treat them ?

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
Kemperly_Williams said:
she is so super cute! I wish I could help but I am such a newbie, I squeak when you rub against me! I just bought my first tortie yesterday. A young redfoot. And I just noticed she has lil white long specks of bugs on her. Do you know what those are and how to treat them ?

I dont have much experience with parasites, but the first thing i would do is change the substrate and give her a good soaking to get the bugs off her. Bugs aren't USUALLY harmful to torts, but if its mites they can bite pretty bad. Also what kind of plants are in your enclosure. Post this info with your problem in the redfoot area. There are some real pro's in there and they will get you fixed up properly.

Kemperly_Williams

5 Year Member
The tank substrate was cleaned before she was put in and there aren't any real plants in it except for her food which was washed. The previous animal in the tank was also completely clean from parasites, bugs and everything else.

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
The substrate can sometimes carry parasites or just harmless bugs. I've had flies, crawly bugs and little tiny flies hatch from my substate. And ive had it happen with coconut coir, and soil(organic and non organic). Thats why i would start with the substrate. But if it's mites then they are gonna be hard to get rid of. I dont think mites are white though, usually red or black.

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
Wow, I can't believe how fast he's grown. What's his shell length? I bought one last weekend and he's about 2 inches long. Although he has marbling in him already. I think the marbling is very pretty on yours.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Very cool. I love these "time lapse" threads. So much fun to watch them grow.

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
That is one reason i got a leopard, i have an adult leopard and i always wondered what she looked like before all those spots. I'm trying to take a picture every month so i can see the transformation

Status
Not open for further replies.