Ms. Bowser (Update)

vortexnebula

Location (City and/or State)
Normal IL
Hi yall! I know a few of you helped me with my little girl Ms. bowser. Great news! She's more comfortable! And I got her a new enclosure as well, which allows her to bask and roam in it. A new light and better food. She's on dark green like collars greens, kale, romaine lettuce etc. I try to find rare plants that she can snack on like cactus (She really likes it :) ). Her favorite snack is carrots (which I only give her on special occasions), and she does her yoga poses when she's basking. She'd sometimes pauses near my feet when she's roaming in our apartment and wonders back off to do her own lil' thang. She's such a curious little thing, and extremely stubborn. But she's doing a lot better. Her colors started to come out as well! She looks completely different from when I first got her. Thank yall for helping her ❤️

vortexnebula

Normal IL
Hi yall! I know a few of you helped me with my little girl Ms. bowser. Great news! She's more comfortable! And I got her a new enclosure as well, which allows her to bask and roam in it. A new light and better food. She's on dark green like collars greens, kale, romaine lettuce etc. I try to find rare plants that she can snack on like cactus (She really likes it :) ). Her favorite snack is carrots (which I only give her on special occasions), and she does her yoga poses when she's basking. She'd sometimes pauses near my feet when she's roaming in our apartment and wonders back off to do her own lil' thang. She's such a curious little thing, and extremely stubborn. But she's doing a lot better. Her colors started to come out as well! She looks completely different from when I first got her. Thank yall for helping her ❤️
Also wanted to mention that since she's been inside for 7 years+, and the days are getting warmer, if it's safe to take her outside? Or to acclimate her to actually feel real sunlight and taste fresh air? Any answers would be helpful

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello! Natural sunlight and lots of space to roam and graze are really beneficial for them. You just need a safe place outside for her - Russian tortoises are known for their climbing, burrowing and escaping skills. At first she will be overwhelmed with bright light, sounds and many smells, but once get used to it she will not want to go back indoors.

As for the time outside - watch for her behavior, once she slows down and hides, it's time to go back for a warm soak. Temperature gun helps tremendously.