Moving from CA to OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavannanSpike

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Trenton ohio

I have had my sulcata hachling for about 3 mos and it seems to be doing good! I'm getting ready to move from southern ca to Ohio.. What do I need to do different? Or is there anything eles I need to get other then the normal? How should I travel with my hatchling? We plan on driving straight threw it's about 20 hrs or so.. Thank so much in advance!

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Be sure to correctly calculate how long the drive is. My GPS shows the drive the being 30 hours (1920 miles), and that from the eastern most point of southern Cal on I40 to Cincinnati, the south western most point of Ohio. Your origin and destination will likely be further apart. With traffic and stops, I would figure 40 hours of drive time.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
While diet is important to a hatchling...NOTHING is as important as keeping him very warm and hydrated. So, you'll need heat packs and I suggest STRONG paper towels (that can stay moist from stop-to-stop) to serve as 'substrate'. Other than that, make sure that he's packed tight...you don't need him bouncing around...or it's gonna be a real long trip for you...and a short trip for him...GOOD LUCK!

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
ALSO AS FAR AS WINTERS GO FROM NOW ON FOR YOU ITS GONNA BE PRETTY COLD FROM WUT I UNDERSTAND,i moved to sac from missouri and its definitly gonna be a culture shock,out here in cali there is seasons dedicated to rainfall,there it rains and thunderstorms when it pleases at any random time it wants there in the midwest,goodluck honestly i could never leave sunny california and go back to those harsh winter,SOME LOVE THAT,happy traveling....and hope you like it the midwest has a down home feel for sure.

SavannanSpike

5 Year Member
Trenton ohio
DeanS said:
While diet is important to a hatchling...NOTHING is as important as keeping him very warm and hydrated. So, you'll need heat packs and I suggest STRONG paper towels (that can stay moist from stop-to-stop) to serve as 'substrate'. Other than that, make sure that he's packed tight...you don't need him bouncing around...or it's gonna be a real long trip for you...and a short trip for him...GOOD LUCK!

I was goign to just keep him in his cage... Should I try something smaller? And Im going to have him in the car with us! :) I want to make sure he is safe!

B K said:
Welcome to Ohio where you going in Ohio

Thanks!!! Im goign to Trenton... Im a little nervous! I have never lived out side of CA! So its deff going to be different! :) Im excited tho!

SILVERSTAR said:
ALSO AS FAR AS WINTERS GO FROM NOW ON FOR YOU ITS GONNA BE PRETTY COLD FROM WUT I UNDERSTAND,i moved to sac from missouri and its definitly gonna be a culture shock,out here in cali there is seasons dedicated to rainfall,there it rains and thunderstorms when it pleases at any random time it wants there in the midwest,goodluck honestly i could never leave sunny california and go back to those harsh winter,SOME LOVE THAT,happy traveling....and hope you like it the midwest has a down home feel for sure.

HAHAHaA I agree with you! Im gonna be in for a bit of a shock im guessing! but its a new start! :) I have lived here for 25 years! and Im ready to move out of this state! I hate the cold! but where i live it gets pretty cold! im sure nothing liek Ohio but! I will see!

M

Maggie Cummings

Keep your baby in something small warm and dark. Offer food on a break and when thru traveling for the day give him a nice warm soak.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
maggie3fan said:
Keep your baby in something small warm and dark. Offer food on a break and when thru traveling for the day give him a nice warm soak.

In a nutshell...that's it! Don't think of him in dog/cat terms...more like a newborn human strapped in a carseat...he should not be able to move at all

Status
Not open for further replies.