more active winter/ hmm?

bigjohn

5 Year Member
I found little dude while on vacation in California on June 20 purchased him from a flea market wassaid to be a year old at 3.75 inches but now 4 he has always been active been feed a good diet of grass n greens an weeds gets his soaks in warm water about 4 to 5 time a week has a humid cave as i call it i have a room i keep my shelled friends in average temp in winter is 75 at night 80 -85 during day basking spot stays in the 90s havehalf of enclosure covered for humidity while the rest of the turtles are slowing down even my older sulcata why is he speeding up even eating three times as much more just curious who see what everyone one has to say

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I had one like this. Hardly grew at all for the first two or three years, due to a dry start, and then somehow, "made it over the hump" and started a huge growth spurt that hasn't stopped since.

bigjohn

5 Year Member
Im pretty sure he was raised dry he said he keeps his hachlings and younger torts in a dog kennel outside during day then brings them in at night was feed romaine lettuce and soaked him once a week