MISSION:Get Billy back.

yillt

Hi dear...so then, you have already spent the money she paid you for the purchase of the tortoise? That is a bit of a problem then, huh? I would not automatically assume her lack of reply is due to her refusal to work with you...however, she may simply be out of town or unavailable...that is possible.

Did you sell the tortoise including the enclosure to her? I understand your parents left this entirely up to you.
Well, here it's 9 in the morning.

yillt

OMG!!!She just replied and said I was to pick him up today!!
I have the old cage which is really small and he'll have to stay in that till I can get another one.
The reason I didn't get another one before was that I wasn't sure

Shakudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Netherlands
OMG!!!She just replied and said I was to pick him up today!!
I have the old cage which is really small and he'll have to stay in that till I can get another one.
The reason I didn't get another one before was that I wasn't sure

Go get him and give your tortoise a bit of peace and quiet. He is probably will be a bit stressed out by this whole thing. And take good care of him.

Joey

yillt

Hello everyone. So I have managed to rustle together some moss, tortoise bedding and a uvb light. Next week I will get him the Billy bookcase as his new cage. What shall I do as the walls of his current cage are so low he can clamber over them.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
You could put some kind of screen over it or plexiglass with some space so air can get in. I'm sorry but I don't know what The cage looks like.you could put some type of lip around the top so that he can't climb out.or you could just use something very temporary that is deeper if you do plan on getting the bookcase next week.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
Are you able to get some wood cut somewhere like a home improvement store nearby? You could get some cut to size to make the walls higher and probably just use wood glue to hold it. Or you could get some deep plastic totes and attach two together with a closed tunnel in between to join the two. I'm just trying to think of easy stuff for you to do right now. :)

yillt

oh no!! So we were about to leave and guess what happened?
Our car broke down! Typical!! Anyway now I am picking him up on Monday or Tuesday!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
oh no!! So we were about to leave and guess what happened?
Our car broke down! Typical!! Anyway now I am picking him up on Monday or Tuesday!!

Oh...I can not stand this suspense my dear.....uggghhhhh.....I wish I could just give you all a ride myself....lol...:D

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Congrats and I hope nothing else hindering of you getting Billy back next week. Share some photo with us.

phebe121

Good to here yiut getting him back but yes its killing me to. To see billy and to have him back in your care but next time dont be so quick to give something u love up

yillt

I am collecting Billy tonight!! I am SOO scared to face that women!

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Best of luck Yillt. I have been anxiously following your story and will be waiting to see you have Billy back. I hope you have learned to consider consequences of your actions and everything works out for you.

yillt

HE'S BACK!!!!ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1412709133.781801.jpgand I have never been happier!! :) but I have one MASSIVE problem!! I said about him being to big for the cage a few days ago but OH MY GOSH his shell is higher than the side of the cage....... What shall I do?? He's massive! He has grown massively!! HELP!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. Glad you got him back. How did it go with the lady?
As for the enclosure, get working on a larger one and in the mean time, find something you can quickly add to the sides of his old one.