Microclimate Evo Pro

NDevon

Location (City and/or State)
North Devon, UK
Has anyone used one? Not many reviews around, I guess as it's pretty expensive, I know Microclimate have a good reputation. I need a hygrostat and several thermostats so although this Evo is priced it actually doesn't work out much more than the price of a decent thermostat and hygrostat seperately. I just wanted to know if anyone had tried one before I pay out.

I'm considering the Microclimate Evo (not the pro version) for the other thermostats. I want digital displays and day/night settings and it must be either pulse or dimming, the Evo lets you choose either which is good. Again not cheap, but either way I want a decent make, my research has thrown up too many stories of people using cheap thermostats that have broken and caused suffering to the animals, it's not worth saving a few pound and taking the risk.

The other option is the Habistat Digital Night & Day Dimming. They have good reviews, same price as the Evo, not as pretty but that's not really an issue I'm just a bit of a gadget freak and like things to look good!

Got to spend a fair amount on these, need 4 in all, 1 will be the Evo Pro unless people tell me it's rubbish as I need that Hygrostat, the other 3 I haven't made a final decision. Currently have Habistat traditional dial thermostats both Pulse Proportional, they are fine but already I've had little fingers adjust settings a few times in last few weeks, and they don't have anything like Night & Day settings. Lastly unless I find eBay bargains they are really not much cheaper than the digital Microclimates and Habistats - £60 ish compared to £80.

NDevon

Location (City and/or State)
North Devon, UK
I managed to get of these for £70 / $99, which is a bargain as they are £125 / $180 everywhere. It's not cheap, but a decent thermostat is £50, and hydrostats are more than that. It should be here tomorrow. It's a bit of a toy if I'm honest but looks great, I'll do a little write up about it if anyone is interested - all I could find on it online is the official stuff written by Microclimate, I haven't found any reviews other than 1 line comments.

Not sure if it's even available in the US - do you guys get he Microclimate brand over there? It's made in the UK and really good quality. I couldn't justify paying full price for one but I kept searching for a used one, this hasn't even been taken out of the box apparantly so I'm very happy.