Mice?

Chubbs the tegu

Location (City and/or State)
Ma
Nice catch tho! Must of been a sight watching u chasing it around hahha if its a mouse they have lil hairs on their tails where a rats tail will be hairless

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
Nice catch tho! Must of been a sight watching u chasing it around hahha if its a mouse they have lil hairs on their tails where a rats tail will be hairless
Thanks hahaha. Here is a pic of the tail, it does have a little bit of hair.IMG_6159.JPG

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Eastern Harvest Mouse? They're not great, great big. But looks too darkly colored to be the Florida Mouse (yep)...

Look at the genital openings...if close together, it's a female (trouble - rummage around for her nest/burrow).

You did the smart thing!

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
Eastern Harvest Mouse? They're not great, great big. But looks too darkly colored to be the Florida Mouse (yep)...

Look at the genital openings...if close together, it's a female (trouble - rummage around for her nest/burrow).

You did the smart thing!
Alright I'll check. And it does look like an Eastern Harvest Mouse! Thanks!

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl

You did the smart thing!
What do you think? The genital openings look pretty close.. yikes
IMG_6160.JPG

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Why is it you people on the East Coast have to put fancy names on everything...ya got 2 to chose from...rat...or freakin mouse.
Eastern Harvest Mouse? It looks bigger in your hand than a mouse should. it's a rat. In my experience with them is the nesting theory or she could have been sick. I have hand caught rats and voles when they seemed sick. I had a mouse make a nest in my back seat. The backs of the seats fold forward and one day I was cruising at hiway speed when little pink mice starting climbing up the back of the dummy seat...Black seat, pink babies. Around the same time another chewed out the rubber on my door jam and made a nest inside the door.

Last edited:

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
Why is it you people on the East Coast have to put fancy names on everything...ya got 2 to chose from...rat...or freakin mouse.
Eastern Harvest Mouse? It looks bigger in your hand than a mouse should. it's a rat. In my experience with them is the nesting theory or she could have been sick. I have hand caught rats and voles when they seemed sick. I had a mouse make a nest in my back seat. The backs of the seats fold forward and one day I was cruising at hiway speed when little pink mice starting climbing up the back of the dummy seat...Black seat, pink babies. Around the same time another chewed out the rubber on my door jam and made a nest inside the door.
Oh wow! Thank you. And I am no rodent expert they look the same hahaha so thanks for sharing the knowledge.