Met Jacqui!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
Jacqui stopped by for a bit today, and we had a great, but all too short, time. I enjoyed meeting her and talking about tortoises and families.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I agree, it was much too short. We need another meet, one where I don't have such a tight schedule. How was your family dinner? I ended up having three of mine joining me for supper and we spent over 2 hrs talking. :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
And you survived to tell the tale, congrats.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I love meeting members, because in your mind you have built up this mental imagine of what they look like and how they sound. Two of my children had met Mark before, so they and from what Mark himself has said, had added to my picture of him. It wasn't too far off and his voice was no surprise either.

.... and yes, of course we talked about ALL of you. :D Actually in our very short time, we did an amazing job of jumping around and touching many different tortoise subjects.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Jacqui said:
we did an amazing job of jumping around and touching
That is so wrong on so many levels, for shame.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
futureleopardtortoise said:
wow, your kids have met him but you haven't? :p Too bad I wasn't working yesterday.

Yeppers on both counts.

dmmj said:
Jacqui said:
we did an amazing job of jumping around and touching
That is so wrong on so many levels, for shame.

Ditto right back at you for taking things out of their complete sentence. :p :D

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
So when are we going to do that big Heartland TFO meet?

The Nebraska Herp Society has a big symposium coming up Oct. 5, 6, and 7 (http://www.nebherp.org/symposium.html )- might be a fun time to set up some sort of tortoise corner!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Does he have a deep voice? For some reason, I picture him with a deep voice. That's nice. It's too bad we all live so spread out. It would be so much fun, if we ALL could meet at one time. What a hoot that would be. :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Madkins007 said:

The Nebraska Herp Society has a big symposium coming up Oct. 5, 6, and 7 (http://www.nebherp.org/symposium.html )- might be a fun time to set up some sort of tortoise corner!

Yeah and as usual, nothing is related directly to turtles or tortoises. :(

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Mark, did you not have your phone with you when you met Jacqui? Or did she make you sign a "no photos" contract or something?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Edna said:
Mark, did you not have your phone with you when you met Jacqui? Or did she make you sign a "no photos" contract or something?

:p :D Mark is a true gentleman and knows a proper host does not do things that would make his company nervous.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Madkins007 said:

This sounds like good idea.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I'm in, if we do one. Jacqui, you never said for positive, did you get Susan? Because I want to see pictures of Susan! Also, apparently we had two HUGE yellow bellied sliders that someone adopted there earlier... I missed them too, darn it! Now we just have this RES that came in in terrible shape... poor guy

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
wellington said:
Does he have a deep voice? For some reason, I picture him with a deep voice. That's nice. It's too bad we all live so spread out. It would be so much fun, if we ALL could meet at one time. What a hoot that would be. :)

Deep voice? Hah! I make James Earl Jones sound like a little girl!

Actually, I have always thought I have a kinda weird voice, as proven by my radio interview with Alabama Herp Radio with Student of the Reptile- http://www.blogtalkradio.com/aark/2012/04/01/tortoise-talk[hr]
Jacqui said:
Edna said:

:p :D Mark is a true gentleman and knows a proper host does not do things that would make his company nervous.

Besides- if I would have taken a photo of her, she would probably have tried to take one of me! The horror!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I'm in, if we do one. Jacqui, you never said for positive, did you get Susan? Because I want to see pictures of Susan! Also, apparently we had two HUGE yellow bellied sliders that someone adopted there earlier... I missed them too, darn it! Now we just have this RES that came in in terrible shape... poor guy

Yes, I got Susan. Yes, you had two beautiful and large yb sliders. They are currently in an outdoor enclosure with a buried preformed pool. :cool:

Crystal2807

5 Year Member
Nebraska
I can't believe their are so many members from Nebraska here, wouldn't it be neat to have a Nebraska tortoise meet!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Don't forget Iowa and surrounding states.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Jacqui said:

Yes, I got Susan. Yes, you had two beautiful and large yb sliders. They are currently in an outdoor enclosure with a buried preformed pool. :cool:

You adopted the sliders too?? Hahaha, I wondered if you did :p You should come back and adopt the RES, Jefferson, he needs a good place.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You adopted the sliders too?? Hahaha, I wondered if you did :p You should come back and adopt the RES, Jefferson, he needs a good place.

If I had saw him I would have, not that I need another RES, especially a male one. I do have another couple of old outdoor enclosures with various pools in them, that I am not using. He could have gotten some time out in the sun, which if he does have shell issues would have been ideal for him. Of course that would then mean having to keep a male RES area going, I don't put males in with my female group.

Status
Not open for further replies.