1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Meet Stuffy

Discussion in 'Elongated and Forsten's tortoises' started by Torta-geddon, Feb 26, 2019.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. Torta-geddon

Torta-geddon Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Pueblo, Co
    I`m not new here but I thought I should create a new introduction for my daughter's tortoise Stuffy. I decided after a lot of thought and no small amount of begging from my daughter to get my daughter her own tortoise. I'm sure I'll end up doing about 95% of the work caring for Stuffy but she absolutely loves her tortoise and to be honest my little girl has me wrapped around her little finger so I don't mind a little extra work to make her happy. I bought her an elongated tortoise. I was sent pictures of a few different individuals to choose from and she chose a very unique looking little tortoise. Stuffy has a very sweet and gentle personality. View attachment 265887 View attachment 265888 View attachment 265889 View attachment 265890 View attachment 265891 View attachment 265892 GEDC0743.jpeg
  2. EllieMay

EllieMay Well-Known Member

East Texas
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Adorable! I’m a firm believer in teaching kids responsibility and pers are a fun way to do it... especially when you go in it knowing that you’ll shoulder the load! Congrats to you , daughter & stuffy!
    Ray--Opo likes this.
  3. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 10 Year Member! Platinum Tortoise Club

Clovis, CA
    Very interesting shell pattern, Victor. I wish you and your daughter many happy years of tortoise-keeping. I've never kept elongated, but they're interesting tortoises.
    Ray--Opo likes this.
  4. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Member

I like the color and split scutes! Congrats!
  5. TammyJ

TammyJ Well-Known Member

Jamaica
    How is this little one doing?
  6. tortgirl5

tortgirl5 Member

Illinois
    Hi, great to see more people with elongated! They are one of my favorite species! They are very friendly and social, very gentle! I recently just added a second one. Great choice!