Meet Pixel!

PixelAdams

Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
My baby marginated finally arrived! Meet Pixel:
Pixel.jpg
I almost considered changing her name to Minnie Mouse when I saw the perfect bow that her scutes make above her head.

I couldn't be more happy with her, everything went perfectly. Soaked her right away, then put her in the tank. She ate a piece of lettuce bigger than she is and then went to sleep. When her light went off, she crawled into her humid hide on her own! She is tinier than I imagined and not afraid of anything it seems.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Congrats! The wait must have been awful. Pixel is a beauty worth waiting for, though! I was also pretty confused when I first saw my torts.. babies seem a lot bigger when people post close-up pictures so I didn't expect them to be as tiny as they were. Enjoy your little one!

ChloeCrull

Fresno, California
Welcome to the forum!

What a gorgeous baby. I used to have a Hermann tortoise that had the most spectacular boo above her head; they are so cute!

I would love to see more pictures of her and her habitat. I do not have much experience with that particular breed of tortoise, so I am quite interested!

PixelAdams

Chicago
Welcome to the forum!

What a gorgeous baby. I used to have a Hermann tortoise that had the most spectacular boo above her head; they are so cute!

I would love to see more pictures of her and her habitat. I do not have much experience with that particular breed of tortoise, so I am quite interested!

Thanks Chloe! There's some pictures of Pixel's habitat over here: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/pixels-first-home-comments-and-critiques-welcome.109998/

And here's a pic of her mastering the art of climbing in and out of her water dish:
photo (2).JPG