Meet George

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllCoExPat

5 Year Member
photo (6).JPGWell, after a quick trip to Pennsylvania this morning, I'm happy to announce that I'm the proud papa of a very solid looking Russian Tort named George. After a warm soak, George is currently in his tub doing his best impression of a rock under the heat lamp. He's got water, food, and a cuttlebone to keep him company so my plan at the moment is to just leave him be and let the little guy settle in.

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. George looks very nice. But can he fit under the 1/2 log? He looks to big for it:D

AllCoExPat

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Congrats. George looks very nice. But can he fit under the 1/2 log? He looks to big for it:D

Thanks! He hasn't even so much as looked at the log yet, but if he fits it's going to be barely. One of the hazards of buying gear before having the tort, I suppose. I've got to go to Petsmart for dog food tomorrow, so I'm hoping they'll have the next size up.

AllCoExPat

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! George seems to be feeling right at home. By the end of the day yesterday he was plowing around his tub like he'd been there for years. He's a little shy when I get too close, but he's eating great already. At the moment, he just finished demolishing his breakfast and is sprawled out under the heat lamp for what looks like a morning nap.

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Welcome. It took a few days before my Boris would acknowledge the hiding hut but once he did he's in it every night when he goes to bed. He is still skittish & shy if we approach the case too fast but he has approached me a couple of times when he saw me.

AllCoExPat

5 Year Member
The local Petco didn't have anything larger than the current half log, so I had to improvise a bit. I picked up a terra cotta pot at Walmart yesterday and buried it halfway to replace the too-small log. Then I bured the half log so just the top/bark is exposed so it gives George another texture to climb over. The flower pot seems to be a hit. He burrowed in and stayed there once his light went off last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.