Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
So did anyone see this?
This was tweeted (god I hate that word) over the weekend by apparently hundreds of thousands if not millions of times, the scary part is that so many people believed it. Now whether or not if you like or hate mcdonalds, can any reasonable and intelligent person actually believe that mcdonalds would do this?
For those of you who can't read the message it says " as an insurance measure due in part to a recent string of robberies african american customers are now required to pay an additional fee of 1.50 per transaction"

Now as most of you know I am all for a good joke, but I think this crosses the line, mcdonalds has now gone on a massive PR campaign to fight the allegations that they are racist.

It really saddens me that our society is this stupid and gullible now.

I do know that popeye's chicken restaurants charge " more for all white orders" I hope most of you get that.

Attachments

• mcd.jpeg
    mcd.jpeg
    7.5 KB · Views: 56

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I guess it's good I don't eat at McDonalds, thats a lot of extra money for a burger and fries...:D:p

October

5 Year Member
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Sometimes the stupidity of Twitter as a collective astounds me. That's why I always end up using it in fits and starts.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
I think I read that the number listed on the poster is for Kentucky Fried Chicken.
It is sad that someone found that to be funny and now McDonald's has to answer for their stupidity.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Yes the number posted was for KFC.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I don't tweet so I had not heard about it. It always shocks me how much trouble people will go to, to hurt others.

Status
Not open for further replies.