Mazuri

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaden21

5 Year Member
my torts don't like this food. no matter what i do they wont eat it. ground up, whole. moist. nothing they won't touch it. any thoughts on how i can get them to eat this stuff. if not im posting it on craigslist. its just collecting dust...

LaNino

5 Year Member
Hmm..i think you dont need to do that..
Tell me why do you want your tort to eat that??
I think green leaf veg or grass is better than mazuri..they didnt eat mazuri in wildlife..

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenmoore, PA
Try mashing it up a little while wet and mixing it in with their greens, once they get a taste for it they may learn to like it.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I agree with Jeff - moisten it up and mix it in with their greens. I give them some mazuri with their greens about every other day just to give them some more substance and vitamins. They absolutely love it.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Mix it with there favorite food, its a good product even if its not available in the wild, a lot of the stuff we feed our tortoises they will not find if the were wild...

HipsterTorts

5 Year Member
Southern California
I like to put it in my food processor with a ton of different greens and flowers. My torts seem to like everything chopped up and mixed together. Lately I've been adding a tiny bit of pumpkin, that seems to make them like it even more.

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Ok, my experience is with a Three Toed Box turtle, so please take it with a grain of salt. Ok I use pellet diet as less than 25% just to add variety when it's hard to get a good variety of her favorite greens.

Ok I put one meal of pellets in a small dish with equal boiling water. It turns to a mush and once it reaches a confortable temperature for me, I feed it with her normal diet. It is the only way she will eat, warm pellets gruel and her greens.

Tnewton

5 Year Member
Its all grain by products and torts arent grain eaters. No need for it

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
I didn't think any tortoises were grain eateras. What a crazy way to make a product.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
jaden21 said:
my torts don't like this food. no matter what i do they wont eat it. ground up, whole. moist. nothing they won't touch it. any thoughts on how i can get them to eat this stuff. if not im posting it on craigslist. its just collecting dust...

Mix in some red food color...torts see the color red and a little lightbulb goes on in their heads that spells out "GOOD MUNCHIES!!!"

Seriously. it generally works! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.