Mazuri As A Staple Diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
What is your take on using Mazuri as a staple diet for Sulcatas?I mean,feeding it 50 % everyday together with 50 % grasses and vegetable greens?
Thanks.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
You will get different opinions on this but I personally feed Mazuri to my Sulcata's once a day and its always mixed with hay are some type of greens. My older tort also gets to graze on grass and weeds all day then he gets cactus or some type of succulent... You will need to figure out what works best for you and your tort...

John

5 Year Member
As was stated opinions vary on this subject, I used to feed my leopards a mixture of grass,weeds,and mazuri, recently I changed to feeding mazuri straight in the a.m. four days and optunia the other three, the rest of their diet is free grazing all day. this seems to work well for me and my situation.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
HI there,
if you search the older threads, this topic has come up a few times and there are some really great discussions about this. There are a few folks who have had phenomenal results using Mazuri exclusively and have years of pics to prove it.
Wonderful and interesting reading. (Just in case you don't get some big answers here) I know I had prompted one thread because I was not going to be able to care for my torts for a month and wondered if feeding Mazuri for a straight month with nothing else would hurt them, (trying to make it as easy as possible for someone to care for my torts..)
Just type in Mazuri in search..
Nay

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I'm feeding Mazuri in the morning and again in the mid-afternoon...as well as cactus in the early afternoon...the rest of the time, they sleep and graze at will.:tort:

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
yagyujubei said:
I am definately a Mazuri fan. My only gripe is Mazuri face.

That's when you need to have your camera ready!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
SILVERSTAR said:
plus mazuri is jus great for the simple fact that you can mix it with stuff they wont eat or stuff they dont really like.

I have to do this with my hatching, if I don't mix things I feed him into the mazuri he will only eats the mazuri. So mixing things takes the picking and choosing option away from him..

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
I Feed It A Couple Of Times A Week With Spring Mix, Other Then That!
I Let my little guy graze, give him cactus, dandelion

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
While I don't keep sulcata's - I do believe strongly in varied diet. I never feed my tortoises the same food item day to day. I mix it up for them.

samstar

5 Year Member
I feed my torts Mazuri 5-6 days a week and the rest of the time, hibiscus, salad mix.

ADVANceNA

5 Year Member
can someone link me a great good mazuri dealer, thanks !

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I get my local feed store to order it for me, I got a 25 pound bag for $26. I got the bag at the beginning of April and its almost time to order a new bag...

tczar

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
el paso tx
my five year old completely ignored it last year during the summer and only grazed on bermuda grass and veggies i fed him, but this summer he is back on the mazuri, 5yrs 35lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.