Maybe, Baby???

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Ever since Jacques had her near-drowning incident 15 months ago, she has be sick on and off several times. In the past 9 months, she's had 4 stays at the exotic vet hospital: three times for antibiotics because of an infection somewhere that they couldn't find, and most recently for that bizarre episode of total body swelling. Although the swelling resolved, they have no clue what cause it or if it'll happen again. And she's never been quite as animated or outgoing as she used to be before the drowning (possibly because she's never really felt that good since then).
So turtle-keeping had gradually shifted from being fun to being a source of anxiety and worry: what will happen next? And missing her when she was boarding at the vets.

I had postponed my plans to move her to the 40 gal tank because I didn't want to stress her if she's not feeling well.

But this past week I made a decision: I will proceed with fixing up the big tank for her and will get another turtle for the smaller tank she's in now!

My new baby is ordered and paid for, and will probably be delivered in about 2 weeks!!! :D

BUT: what kind of turtle did I get???? ;) Time will tell!!!! :p
I'll post photos when then new baby is here and settled in- we'll see who is first to guess what kind it is once you see him/her!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :p

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Hey Bea, can`t wait to see your new "baby" !
Until then: Hear great music: :D:D:D:D

This is GREAT, Bee!!! :D
When I was trying to think of a title for this thread, and was thinking "Baby, maybe" I suddenly remembered THIS SONG!!! So I just switched the words around so they would match the song!!!!
Great minds think alike!!!!!! :p

Bee62

Germany
This is GREAT, Bee!!! :D
When I was trying to think of a title for this thread, and was thinking "Baby, maybe" I suddenly remembered THIS SONG!!! So I just switched the words around so they would match the song!!!!
Great minds think alike!!!!!! :p
Thank you Bea. The music of Buddy Holly is great. My older brother had all his venyl records and I grew up with the songs of Buddy Holly.
Do you know this song, made for Buddy Holly?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Thank you Bea. The music of Buddy Holly is great. My older brother had all his venyl records and I grew up with the songs of Buddy Holly.
Do you know this song, made for Buddy Holly?

Thanks, Bee- that’s one I hadn’t heard before! [emoji2]

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I'm excited for you! What are you going to name it?

I haven’t decided on a name, yet.
I’ve got some ideas (and am open to suggestions! [emoji2]) but I find that often I may have a name in mind, but once I have the animal home, their personality just needs them to have a different name!

I tend to think of a boy’s name for starters, since the breeder refers to it as “him.” That’s easy, and that’s how I started with Jacques’ name.
But the doc and the staff at the exotic vet hospital that I take Jacques to always refer to her as “him,” which annoys me. [emoji34] But I’ve given up correcting them.
So I’ll probably want a boy’s name that has an easy gender switch, if needed.
Example: Nelson/ Nellie
Etc.