Max's Birthday!

Maverick

5 Year Member
Not only was yesterday tax day it was also Max's hatch day(easy to remember huh?:)).
staredown.jpg

Since she is now officially a year old we decided to give her a treat. Usually I wouldn't give her this much fruit at once but what the heck it was a special occasion! Cheesecake is a favorite around here so we made her a tortoise cheesecake!

tortcheesecake.jpg

Strawberries(obviously), bananas for the "cheesecake" and Mazuri crust!:D:D:D:D

She seemed to like it....lol

nom.jpg

Max arrived from Vicki Hale the second week of July and weighed 52.2 grams and was 2.62 inches long, and now she is 312.3 grams and 4.41 inches.

graph.jpg

right.jpg

left.jpg

top.jpg

bottom.jpg

Tip toes :p:p:p
tortbutt.jpg

I'm curious how she compares to other Redfoot's her age. Any feed back is welcome, thanks for looking!:):tort::)

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fargo, ND
Ok, that "cheesecake" is so cute and creative. I LOVE that!!! :D I have a birthday coming up soon too, I might have to try that as a special treat. Maybe only a slice though, not a whole cake, since mine isn't a fruit eater. ;)

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
I'm a little jealous - I asked the place I got my RF from and they couldn't tell me the birthday. Just "a few months ago".... :( I'll have to pick a day in January or something.

Anyway, what an awesome birthday cake!!! Love it!!!

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
Stupid question - when u measure, you measure the plastron, right? Sorry, first time tort owner. :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Happy Birthday!!!

Very nice cake for her/him. Sure enjoyed....

Maverick

5 Year Member
Stupid question - when u measure, you measure the plastron, right? Sorry, first time tort owner. :)
@littledude I measured the straight carapace length with a set of calipers. Although I have had many other reptiles this is my first tortoise too. :)