LUCY BABIES HATCHED

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
IMG_2675.JPG Some of you might remember when I was worried about Lucy not dropppng her eggs. So I had the vet do X-rays showing 6 eggs and an oxytocin injection to get them out.
Well, so far 3 have hatched just today.
Unfortunately it's too cold to ship them any time soon, so they will be spending the winter with me.

Bee62

Germany
View attachment 224012 Some of you might remember when I was worried about Lucy not dropppng her eggs. So I had the vet do X-rays showing 6 eggs and an oxytocin injection to get them out.
Well, so far 3 have hatched just today.
Unfortunately it's too cold to ship them any time soon, so they will be spending the winter with me.
Congrats for the babies ! They are so cute and beautiful. :tort::<3:
When they stay the whole winter with you, you will not be able to sell them in spring, isn`t it so ?:D So cute things should stay forever with her "mommy" :eek::D:).
Btw: Thanks for the pic. More pics are very appreciated !;)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats for the babies ! They are so cute and beautiful. :tort::<3:
When they stay the whole winter with you, you will not be able to sell them in spring, isn`t it so ?:D So cute things should stay forever with her "mommy" :eek::D:).
Btw: Thanks for the pic. More pics are very appreciated !;)
Oh no, they will have to go. It does make it harder having them so much longer. If I lived in AZ or maybe FL it would be much easier to keep them all. Living in Chicago makes it too expensive to have too many. Electric bills are killers.
What's nice about keeping them longer though, is I get to raise them past the more delicate stage.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
IMG_2763.JPG IMG_2763.JPG IMG_2764.JPG IMG_2765.JPG IMG_2766.JPG IMG_2767.JPG Updated pics of the four babies.
They are little pigs! All doing really well.
All will be available once it's warm enough to ship. Approx April.
Will also have their mother, another female and a male for sale in the spring. Just a heads up.
Btw, one egg still nothing happening and another that had a small section cracked and pushed in went bad.

Attachments

• IMG_2761.JPG
    IMG_2761.JPG
    655.6 KB · Views: 18

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Very nice. My favorite is the top one in the first picture