loving this idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffinjenn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Euless TX
I love this, I found it on a tegu forum but with some plants and more decorations I think my redfoot Koopa would love this type indoor setup! Beautiful to look at in the home as well :)

Picture111_zpsf49df036.jpg

and this one
Picture059_zpsa5ffbd9b.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Excellent! If you are able to duplicate that, you will have a very happy tortoise.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
They are very nice. My belief is the more you can make your tortoise's enclosure fit into more areas of your life, the more not only will you enjoy your tortoise but the more you will observe it. More observing leads to better care and understanding of the animal's needs. Like if you shuffle the tortoise off to the backroom, it will only get a set amount of care time. Bring it into the front room and make it a focal point and you increase the time you give it, even if indirect time, by a huge amount.

Same goes with outside enclosures. Folks who add the relaxing aspect to the spot will spend more time not only enjoying the tortoise, but the fresh air, the relaxation, and gain a great appreciation for their tortoise, the possible water feature they may have, the plants and the things that are attracted to them like butterflies, their yard and home. Even a greater appreciation for themselves.

muffinjenn

5 Year Member
Euless TX
Jacqui said:
They are very nice. My belief is the more you can make your tortoise's enclosure fit into more areas of your life, the more not only will you enjoy your tortoise but the more you will observe it. More observing leads to better care and understanding of the animal's needs. Like if you shuffle the tortoise off to the backroom, it will only get a set amount of care time. Bring it into the front room and make it a focal point and you increase the time you give it, even if indirect time, by a huge amount.

Same goes with outside enclosures. Folks who add the relaxing aspect to the spot will spend more time not only enjoying the tortoise, but the fresh air, the relaxation, and gain a great appreciation for their tortoise, the possible water feature they may have, the plants and the things that are attracted to them like butterflies, their yard and home. Even a greater appreciation for themselves.

I agree 100% Jacqui! :)

muffinjenn

5 Year Member
Euless TX
Apparently the guy made them himself, he said on there he used some old windows

another view of one of them
Picture029_zps39b269ea.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.