Lord Zuko

supadecs

Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio
just got my cherry head today! gave him some papaya after this mornings soak! Thanks to this forum i learned a ton for months before taking the leap and getting a tort! So thank you all for sharing your knowledge

Attachments

• AA9EE75E-A8F6-44EE-82F3-5B65C2D44D6E.jpeg
    AA9EE75E-A8F6-44EE-82F3-5B65C2D44D6E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46

supadecs

San Antonio
just some pics from this morning! seems to be active for up to an hour after soak and eating, then heads to his little burrow haha

Attachments

• 0A472F0C-5BE5-4D7E-B57F-07834C580789.jpeg
    0A472F0C-5BE5-4D7E-B57F-07834C580789.jpeg
    786.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 5F596E9B-51E2-4B8F-892C-E1B1E7A14BB4.jpeg
    5F596E9B-51E2-4B8F-892C-E1B1E7A14BB4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 1F4DD83A-E55E-45E9-89A5-28AFEEA48035.jpeg
    1F4DD83A-E55E-45E9-89A5-28AFEEA48035.jpeg
    654.3 KB · Views: 32

KronksMom

Illinois
So cute! And I love the name for a cherry head! I'm sure he'll be a very honorable tort ?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Great looking tort!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
thank you! your posts about redfoots really helped prepare me, so thank you for sharing your knowledge!
Np, I learned a lot here. Stick around and you will too.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Yours is going to be a screamer with all that color. I'd bet your going to see some Marbling eventually too. Should be fun to watch this one grow.

supadecs

San Antonio
Yours is going to be a screamer with all that color. I'd bet your going to see some Marbling eventually too. Should be fun to watch this one grow.
sorry for the newb question, but qhats a screamer? haha i believe the parents had marbling as well! i noticed another in the batch showed some signs already! got this little guy from tortstork and hes just barely over 3 months old! cant wait to see how he grows but im definetly already planning for a bigger enclosure for him! 4x2x2 for now but will get an 8x4x4 after he turns a year depending on growth rate, maybe sooner!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Screamer is just what some people call the ones with really bright nice colors. I should of known this tort came from Randy. Can't go wrong with his animals. Yours might be related to mine.

supadecs

San Antonio
Screamer is just what some people call the ones with really bright nice colors. I should of known this tort came from Randy. Can't go wrong with his animals. Yours might be related to mine.
I was recommended him by someone on this forum! I was too late for the eggs, but got a hatching that hatched May 1st! Im very satisfied with his operation, he held my little guy for me until i had the right equipment and everything set up (thanks to the info on this forum) instead of rushing to get everything (and probably wouldve had everything wrong) just so i can snag one! He has some beautful hypo redfoots right now, and he definitely produces fine torts! That would be really cool if ours were related! haha he only had two left when i was recommended him so i chose the one with the split scute! I love the personalities of reds/cherries and im happy i was able to get one, with the proper setup!

actually, looking at my post history, you recommended Randy to me so thank you very much for that! im forever grateful haba

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I was recommended him by someone on this forum! I was too late for the eggs, but got a hatching that hatched May 1st! Im very satisfied with his operation, he held my little guy for me until i had the right equipment and everything set up (thanks to the info on this forum) instead of rushing to get everything (and probably wouldve had everything wrong) just so i can snag one! He has some beautful hypo redfoots right now, and he definitely produces fine torts! That would be really cool if ours were related! haha he only had two left when i was recommended him so i chose the one with the split scute! I love the personalities of reds/cherries and im happy i was able to get one, with the proper setup!

actually, looking at my post history, you recommended Randy to me so thank you very much for that! im forever grateful haba
Oh I've been debating pulling the trigger on one of those Hypo's for awhile now!

supadecs

San Antonio
Oh I've been debating pulling the trigger on one of those Hypo's for awhile now!
if i had the money i definitely would! haha polly will soon be a star just like helix! he produces some insane hypos the colouring is unreal! idl how he does it haha

KronksMom

Illinois

That is Definitely the way to go, getting everything ready before you bring the baby home. Way smarter than what we did! And I love abnormal scutes! They add character!

supadecs

San Antonio
That is Definitely the way to go, getting everything ready before you bring the baby home. Way smarter than what we did! And I love abnormal scutes! They add character!
once i found this forum i foumd everything i read previously to be incorrect! soent all day everyday on here makimg sure i had all the boxes checked off before i got it! Randy was nice enough to let me buy one and hold it until i had everything ready and learned the proper care!