Looking to rehome 8-month old sulcata

Frankolino

Location (City and/or State)
NM
Well-cared for young sulcata in New Mexico needs new home. Depending on distance, I could drive this tortoise to you with enclosure, heat and UV lights, and lots of related equipment. Let me know if you would like additional info, or know of potential new home for me to investigate.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What are you asking for the tortoise?

Frankolino

NM
Thanks for suggestion. As far as I can tell, I need to attach through a url. Sorry to take up space here asking, but how can I attach or insert photos?

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Thanks for suggestion. As far as I can tell, I need to attach through a url. Sorry to take up space here asking, but how can I attach or insert photos?
Ummm.... I really dont know how to explain it so bear with me. For my devise there is a button right above where i type and it has a mountain and a sun on it. Also it will say "drop image below" when you click it then click that and pick a image. If its different for you then sorry. 😖 i cant help.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
$1000 for a freakin Sulcata???You are joking right? or what do you want for just the tort...?

Frankolino

NM
Ummm.... I really dont know how to explain it so bear with me. For my devise there is a button right above where i type and it has a mountain and a sun on it. Also it will say "drop image below" when you click it then click that and pick a image. If its different for you then sorry. 😖 i cant help.
I'm pretty sure he said he's got $1000 worth of stuff for free.
Sorry that I wasn’t clear: free tortoise, enclosure, heat and UV setup, reptile UV meter (Solarmeter), numerous temp & humidity monitors, humidifiers, calcium & vits, food, seeds to plant for food, and more - everything free. And free delivery to many places/states, depending. I want to find a good home.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Sorry that I wasn’t clear: free tortoise, enclosure, heat and UV setup, reptile UV meter (Solarmeter), numerous temp & humidity monitors, humidifiers, calcium & vits, food, seeds to plant for food, and more - everything free. And free delivery to many places/states, depending. I want to find a good home.

Good deal.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
That sounds like something bad or sad has happened in your life to make you give up your sulcata - I am so sorry if that is the case.
Angie

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It was clear if the person read what you wrote.

You can't post a pic on an adoption thread for some reason. I don't know why the forum is set that way. What size is your tortoise? Is it smooth or pyramided? What have you been feeding it? How often do you soak it? These things will tell most potential adopters what they need or want to know.

I'm sorry you have to part with your tortoise. I will keep an eye out for a good home for him/her. I have two people in mind and I will ask them.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
It was clear if the person read what you wrote.

You can't post a pic on an adoption thread for some reason. I don't know why the forum is set that way. What size is your tortoise? Is it smooth or pyramided? What have you been feeding it? How often do you soak it? These things will tell most potential adopters what they need or want to know.

I'm sorry you have to part with your tortoise. I will keep an eye out for a good home for him/her. I have two people in mind and I will ask them.
bite me @Tom. I didn't get to the "free" part as I fainted at a $1000 Sulcata...lol

Frankolino

NM
Thank you Tom. I got “him” in Sept. 2021 when he was 2.5 X 2.75 inches & was said to be about 2 months old (by same dubious pet shop owner who identified him as male). He is now 3.5 X 4.5 and weighs 370 grams. I have been feeding him about 25% greens (e.g., fresh nopales, greens listed specifically for tortoises from yard or my garden, some that I grew from seed specifically for tortoises, sometimes from store always organic), then dried grasses & flowers again specifically for grassland tortoises for the other 75% or so. He always has water in case needed. He gets weekly repti vits & 2-3 times a week at this stage of repti calcium. I pay attention to his UV exposure. I was misting the substrate, using humidifiers (with a few hygrometers placed to try to obtain around 40-60% daytime and 60-90% nighttime humidity levels) but I only soaked him weekly or less (probably bad advice again because he does have what looks like mild pyramiding to me, but I’m completely inexperienced).

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Thank you Tom. I got “him” in Sept. 2021 when he was 2.5 X 2.75 inches & was said to be about 2 months old (by same dubious pet shop owner who identified him as male). He is now 3.5 X 4.5 and weighs 370 grams. I have been feeding him about 25% greens (e.g., fresh nopales, greens listed specifically for tortoises from yard or my garden, some that I grew from seed specifically for tortoises, sometimes from store always organic), then dried grasses & flowers again specifically for grassland tortoises for the other 75% or so. He always has water in case needed. He gets weekly repti vits & 2-3 times a week at this stage of repti calcium. I pay attention to his UV exposure. I was misting the substrate, using humidifiers (with a few hygrometers placed to try to obtain around 40-60% daytime and 60-90% nighttime humidity levels) but I only soaked him weekly or less (probably bad advice again because he does have what looks like mild pyramiding to me, but I’m completely inexperienced).
You can not tell the gender of sulcata tortoises until it is a lot older and bigger than 8 months. Btw @Frankolino pet stores usually dont know anything about tortoises. So forget the advise he told you and start getting some advise from this forum. I wanted to sell my sulctata too because I didn't know what to do. But now that i found this forum he is absolutely much more fun and happy when I fixed his enclosure and started getting him outside. So who knows. Maybe you will start to think about keeping him/her. But it is 100% your choice. Whatever you think is best then go right ahead. Ps. He is pyramiding because the humidity is too low. It should be 80% and up. They dont get respiratory infections or shell rot. So you dont have to worry about it being to wet/humid.

Frankolino

NM
I do miss “him” (Franklin to me) and I’m also very happy that he will have such a great home. I can’t thank you enough for putting me in touch with Michael: what a fantastic guy!
Thanks again, Joan