Looking to breed Greeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devsharkey

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hi! I'm looking for two female Greeks.

I already have a male, and I would like to start my own little breeding colony (this will be my first try at breeding torts, so I'm really excited!!). Everyone on here tells me it's better to get two females instead of one so my male doesn't harass her.

BUT!

I would like any other tips anyone can give me.

Like, would it be best to let them mate in my yard (I live in Arizona), or would it be best to put them in a container and kind of force it to happen? What kind of incubator is the best? What temperature's produce mainly males? What temperature produces mainly females? What kind of substrate do the females prefer to lay their eggs in?

Anyways! Thank you all for your time.

james1974

5 Year Member
Illinois
More then one female would be best,if you can house them outside year around that would give you higher chance of them breeding..Living in Arizona you could leave them outside all year.

james1974

5 Year Member
Illinois
80 to 85 mostly male 85 to 87 a mix and 87 to 90 females.soft soil work well for egg laying burrowing and sleeping the winter away but for egg laying make sure it's a sunny area maybe lay a log and some large stones in that area as well some tortoises like to lay next to them..

Status
Not open for further replies.