Looking for redfoot

Larrysmom

im looking to add another redfoot to our family.

I currently have a 15 yr old male who has a very large outdoor enclosure with plenty of Roos for another redfoot.

Does anyone have a redfooot for adoption? Sale?

Thanks!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tortoises don't do good in pairs and you can't add another male. How about 2 females to your one male. Your have a better chance of them living together then separating the two.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
im looking to add another redfoot to our family.

I currently have a 15 yr old male who has a very large outdoor enclosure with plenty of Roos for another redfoot.

Does anyone have a redfooot for adoption? Sale?

Thanks!!

What state do you live in?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
It would probably help you if you posted pictures of your enclosure, and current Tort.

Larrysmom

Tortoises don't do good in pairs and you can't add another male. How about 2 females to your one male. Your have a better chance of them living together then separating the two.
Sure! 2 females would be greAt

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

Gorgeous tort and from what I see a great set up....I would be cautious of obtaining a second tort....here is why; pairs are a tricky thing...in the wild and in the not so wild...they are pretty nomadic in nature...they don't desire the same type of company as we humans do....the desire to have a buddy is just not the same....a second tort may not be a good match--personalities do play a HUGE part in harmony and there is just no way to know for sure how the two will mesh....I mean, I know tortoise a fun and fun to have about...but a pair changes things rapidly. So, if I were you--please evaluate the space you have to work with and determine if you can set up two significant spaces in the event the newly acquired tort and the current tort just don't do well together...that way you can enjoy two but not force them in the same space if that is not a good situation for them...you know what I mean?

Larrysmom

Gorgeous tort and from what I see a great set up....I would be cautious of obtaining a second tort....here is why; pairs are a tricky thing...in the wild and in the not so wild...they are pretty nomadic in nature...they don't desire the same type of company as we humans do....the desire to have a buddy is just not the same....a second tort may not be a good match--personalities do play a HUGE part in harmony and there is just no way to know for sure how the two will mesh....I mean, I know tortoise a fun and fun to have about...but a pair changes things rapidly. So, if I were you--please evaluate the space you have to work with and determine if you can set up two significant spaces in the event the newly acquired tort and the current tort just don't do well together...that way you can enjoy two but not force them in the same space if that is not a good situation for them...you know what I mean?
Thank you so much for response. I really appreciate the insight. I’ll have a rethink and determine if I can make 2 separate areas

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
With an adult male,two females would be a minimum. An adult male feeling frisky can and will pursue a female until she is very weak and sick.
If you have the space, I recommend a 3 to 1 ratio. Or separate enclosures for the two that you now have.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
The Redfoot in the photo is nice looking. And at that size, they should be easy to sex (to determine the sex)
Make sure you post that you want another female. More males will be more trouble than you will likely want.
Also, the Russian in your avatar is not kept with the Redfoot, correct.