Looking for large Sulcata in central Florida

Melissa Brock-Smith

I already have a 9yr old spur thigh that I adopted from someone who did not know how to care for him properly. I have a lucious turtle-safe backyard that he calls home with seperate tortoise enclosure, and I would love to find a companion for him. If anyone is giving away a larger sulcata for free that needs a new home, please let me know. I would prefer a female if possible. I live near Orlando FL and I am willing to drive a reasonable distance to pick up if needed. Please contact me at [email protected]. Thank you!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
You wouldn't want to put a sulcata with a spur thigh. Or, do you mean African spurred (sulcata) at which point you wouldn't want to keep two sulcata together...battle will likely ensue! They are perfectly fine kept solo... ;)

Melissa Brock-Smith

You wouldn't want to put a sulcata with a spur thigh. Or, do you mean African spurred (sulcata) at which point you wouldn't want to keep two sulcata together...battle will likely ensue! They are perfectly fine kept solo... ;)

Thanks for the advice :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Actually, (Geochelone sulcata) is referred to as African spurred. Spur thigh is the Greek tortoise (Testudo graeca). If I'm not mistaken, in the early days of sulcata ownership (late 80s / early 90s) they were also referred to as spur thigh. Hope that clears up the confusion.