Looking for kinixys nogueyi - Western Bells Hingeback- male to add to a happy home.

jachristian1

Looking for a male to add to a happy home with other kinixys nogueyi. We have a great set up indoor and outside. Our current tortoise is a member of our family, and is loved and cared for daily. We are located in Maryland.
Thank you for any leads.

jachristian1

Can we see your set up?
Hi Jacqui,

Here is the outdoor that I took last summer. (It is covered in snow at the moment.) This picture was taken after we build it. It now has a whole section of sod in the sunshine and many more hides and editable plants such as red lettuce, dandilions, mint, ect. The soil is rich with here with earthworms, so there is always something to munch on besides the daily feedings. The inside is a huge conainer in our living room with heat and UV lamp. 80 degrees in the hot spot and 72 in her hide. Our girl spends daily an hour or so with the family in the living room and deck in warmer weather. My daughters help in her care.

Attachments

• 395eddcd910576f240b54e755153295f.jpg
    395eddcd910576f240b54e755153295f.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 18

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Yes they're very difficult to find here. Just keep up with posting an ad.mid also try posting on faunaclassifieds.com too

jachristian1

Thank you so much for the responses. I do realize this species is limited in the US. We adopted ours about a year ago. At the time, we had know idea. Hopefully we will find our girl a friend. I will check our faunaclassified.com as well. Any leads are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jody

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Keep in mind though also. You will be best off when you do find a male to set up two enclosures. This species can stress one another and not show any signs. Just being more prepared is always best.