Looking for a species recommendation to house with a razorback musk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Any suggestions would be great. I want to get another turtle for my razorback musk tank. Just has the one musk in it now.

I prefer smaller species too BTW.
I was thinking spotted maybe. Does this work at all?

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Spotteds prefer a more shallow water environment. Not saying it wouldn't work, though, if you lay it out right. Some of the smaller Map Turtle species would be a good fit. There's also some more exotic mud/musk species to choose from as well.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I would look into another mud musk, not all of them are great swimmers like razors that adapt pretty well to deeper waters. Spotted turtles swim but not very well, also they like more land ten just a basking area, and water conditions I hear are a little more strict. If I were you look into other mud and musk, or even a souther paint or small map turtle

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah i was looking into possibly a white lip musk. Those are pretty cool. But I have a eco system in the tank that needs some predatory stature. Mollys are taking over. Musk in their is lazy at being a predator. Any softshell species stay manageable size?

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I have razors and dbts and neither go for the mollies well not enough to keep the population down. I would go with a Southern paint, or male maps

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah that's why I wanted more of a predatory species (swimming/hunting type). I think I might try a map.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Pear river map or a Texas map....i find the texas maps around my area quite often if I find one i'll let you know.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
tortadise said:
Yeah that's why I wanted more of a predatory species (swimming/hunting type). I think I might try a map.

Claudius angustatus!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.