Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Finally got "Lizard Man". It is the life story of Bert Langerwerf. I'm not done with it yet but I can't put it down.
33w04yq.jpg

It is full of useful advice and insights about all sorts of reptiles, enclosures and ways to think about doing things better.

I knew Bert and was a customer of his and he was a fantastic human being. Sadly,he died in 2008 two weeks after Russ Gurley handed him this manuscript. This was a great loss to the world and the reptile community.

This is an EXCELLENT book and anyone who is into any kind of reptiles will get all sorts of tremendous insights from it.

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
great post Tom. i have been thinking of getting a copy from Russ, i may have to do that now. i never did any business with Bert, but i know the impact he had on the herp community.

-ryan-

5 Year Member
I read the book last winter. I finished it in a matter of days because I couldn't put it down. I found it very interesting in terms of reptile husbandry, but I also loved that the main theme was that at every turn Bert was following his dream. I recommend this book to everyone.

JohnathanO

5 Year Member
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Gotta get that book. I hear there is a dvd that is supposed to be coming out soon about his life. Anyone know if it's out yet?

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Great man. My last Shinisaurus from him passed away a couple years ago. Fortunately, his partners are still breeding them.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Finally finished the book. He had sulcatas. I didn't even know that. It talks a little about how he housed them. Apparently they had a fondness for old discarded chicken bones.

Great book. Very inspiring.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Isa said:
I think I am going to order it :)

If you do, it will give you insight into the weird way that I think too. I liked Bert so much because he and I thought a lot a like... In some ways anyhow...

Status
Not open for further replies.